funsec mailing list archives

Re: Student arrested over Counter Strike map

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Mon, 07 May 2007 14:04:01 -0400

On Sun, 06 May 2007 17:46:02 CDT, Brian Loe said:
The question was in regards to marketing - a defensive weapon which is
highly regulated and must be purchased via a legal means, with the
purchaser meeting certain specific legal requirements is not marketing
toward bad guys, its marketing towards me.

Right.  I forgot about that law that said that it's illegal for Bad Guys(TM)
to read Gun Owner's Monthly to see what the top-rated new gear is...