funsec mailing list archives

Re: Student arrested over Counter Strike map

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 15:20:09 -0500

The fullest story I've seen:

Kid arrested (probable cause is that the nanny state can't believe a
kid might enjoy playing a video game and not want to do it in real
life too - since they can't figure out any other way of preventing
these mass killings, they preemptively arrest him out of fear). No
crime need be committed for an arrest - only to hold beyond 20 hours.

Kid removed from school and sent to the "Alternative Education
Center". This is most likely just a different school for hard cases
(the tough kids, you know).

Not a big deal, really. Since most of the country now believes in
wussdom, and Johnny shouldn't fight to defend himself let alone think
for himself, and we've been kicking kids out of school on the basis of
"zero tolerance" for years now...