funsec mailing list archives

call me overwhelmed

From: "Randall M" <randallm () fidmail com>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 18:05:01 -0600

Hey,
Here is a snip of an announcement sent from SANS. It slightly speaks of my
deep worries I've had lately:

Our research shows more than 6,000 organizations with laptop (and other
mobile data) encryption projects underway or about to start. They are
rightfully worried about how to avoid turning laptops into bricks and
blocking productivity, about how to buy software that actually works and
roll out encryption across hundreds or thousands of machines, and about a
myriad of other challenges they don't yet know of.

I have to admit that I am overwhelmed. I really am scared each time I check
a user's machine. I'm not sure I can spot a problem anymore. Everything has
gotten so out of control and more advanced that I can't keep up with
anymore.  I don't know how to battle malware, infections, spyware, etc.,
anymore!! Am I alone?

I sure would like to see a one stop shop keeping up with it all.

P.S. Anyone else have trouble with Microsoft's time zone rollout they
slipped in this Tuesday! I did!

Thank You
Randall M