funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] UK: Whitehall Moves to Create 'Super-Database'

From: Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 00:42:02 +0000 (GMT)

On Sun, 14 Jan 2007, Larry Seltzer wrote:

The UK Gov seems to be fascinated with the idea of huge databases on
computers, much the same way a rabbit is fascinated by a stoat.

I'm sure I'm not the only non-Brit asking myself "WTF is a stoat?"

Carinvorous mammal, like to eat rabbits. Rabbits can act like they're
mesmerised by the stoat (this might, of course, be a folk story, but if
it is, it's a very well known folk story). The rabit stands, watching the
staot, where it should run like hell. The stoat kills and eats the rabbit.