funsec mailing list archives

RE: Perl script for syslog time inconsistancies?

From: Blanchard_Michael () emc com
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2006 15:50:56 -0400

Just looking through the log files themselves, on a possibly pwned machine...  Seeing if any pieces of log file aren't
in the order they should be, like if someone cut a section of log file and pasted it in over something else.... That
type of thing

Michael P. Blanchard
Antivirus / Security Engineer, CISSP, GCIH, CCSA-NGX, MCSE
Office of Information Security & Risk Management
EMC ² Corporation
4400 Computer Dr.
Westboro, MA 01580
Office: (508)898-7102