funsec mailing list archives

Re: UK: Internet User Admits 'Web-Rage'

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 16:41:18 -0500

On 10/18/06, Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com> wrote:

What, is it annoying you?

You couldn't annoy me in person, never think you'll accomplish that
task via e-mail.

> So gun safety is a "wacky idea"?
>
> And no, its not breaking a safety rule to have a loaded, holstered
> firearm sitting on the table across the room from me. It would be

You said it was pointing at you.

Yes, I did, your point is what?

I have enough common sense not to have loaded gun sitting on a table
pointing at me. You, according to your statements, do not. This is, I
guess, because you assume that a loaded gun can never spontaneously fire,
and you're willing to bet your life on the reliability of mechanical
contraptions.

LOL - that is a great example of your lack of common sense.

Yes, its true, I believe in the laws of physics. Further, in all of my
reading about guns (pro and con) I have yet to hear of a single claim
of "spontaneous" firing.

[For the more fun loving, and not whacked out, members of the list: I
have been witness to live shells being thrown in a fire. Outside of
Hollywood, that's a pretty disappointing show as well. Tube TVs are
much more fun.]