funsec mailing list archives

Re: Microsoft Makes Concessions to Security Software Makers

From: Nick FitzGerald <nick () virus-l demon co uk>
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 13:26:53 +1300

Drsolly to "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" to Valdis:

OK, I'm starting a pool - when are we going to see the first malware that
leverages this into the ability to send a "Pants Down!" command to the
Security Center?

Dibs on 3 weeks after the actual release of Vista.  (Or, if that's too vague, 20 days
and 17 hours.)

Oh, you think it will be *after* the release of Vista?

I'd be surprised if there aren't a few "ready to roll" already, or at
least very close to that status, but we are very unlikely to see them
released until _after_ Vista is released for what I'd have thought were
the rather obvious reasons suggested in my two previous posts...

Regards,

Nick FitzGerald