funsec mailing list archives

Re: bankone/chase non-scam

From: Paul Vixie <vixie () vix com>
Date: 30 Nov 2006 02:02:28 +0000

Online banking is highly advantageous for customers.

But (comparatively) highly risky.

To cite one simple example, look at phishing losses.  I am 100%
phish-proof, because I *never* do any banking digitally.  Not even
*non*-fake emails and webpages get anything from me.

it's ok, because with many banks, anyone who knows the last four digits
of your social security number can just connect to the callcenter by phone
and act as you in almost all ways.  no internet needed!
--
Paul Vixie