funsec mailing list archives

Rachel Marsden, Canuck Princess

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rMslade () shaw ca>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 11:59:04 -0800

Browsing news today, I came across a headline about a terrorist airshow, so,
wondering what the heck it could be, I looked at it.  It was an opinion piece, ill-
informed, not terribly important.

What really struck me was the name of the commentator: Rachel Marsden.

http://www.rachelmarsden.com/bio2.asp

Now, there could be other Rachel Marsden's in the world.  After all, she's a
columnist for the Toronto Sun (as well as other Sun chain newspapers), United
Press International/Washington Times, National Post, the New York Post and
Newsmax magazine.  (Of course, the Toronto Sun and others in that list are not
exactly bastions of journalistic integrity ...)  She's also been a Director of a
Washington, DC-based political think-tank, worked as a political strategist, and is
currently the president of a Toronto-based public relations, lobbying and
communications business.  (None of which particularly mean much.)  Most
concerning to me is the fact that Rachel is the Canadian Correspondent for Fox
News Channel's "The O'Reilly Factor."  It doesn't mean much in terms of
accuracy, but I know it is popular.

You see, Rachel is also from Vancouver.  So I'm pretty sure it's the same person.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rachel_Marsden

She's a repeat stalker (yes, I got that right: *she's* the stalker), and made a false
accusation of sexual harrassment and date rape against one of her instructors at
school.  She also worked (under a false name) for a local MP who later got into a
lot of legal trouble himself.

In other words, she's a loon and a liar.

And she's the major voice of Canada to a huge number of Americans.

I weep for my country.

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca     slade () victoria tc ca     rslade () computercrime org
Concerning the above message, you think Rob Slade is responsible?
Heavens, no!  I think Rob Slade is terribly *ir*responsible!
Dictionary of Information Security  www.syngress.com/catalog/?pid=4150
http://victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm