funsec mailing list archives

Re: Government sponsered spyware vs. anti-virus software?

From: "David Lodge" <dave () cirt net>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 00:25:56 +0100

On Tue, 10 Oct 2006 04:54:09 +0100, Richard M. Smith <rms () bsf-llc com> wrote:
Here's the company's Web site:
   http://www.era-it.ch/
I don't understand German. Does anyone know if this Web site has anything interesting to say? I would love to ask the management of the company about
some of the questionable claims in this article.

Not particularly, the initial page is just marketing bumf explaining that people need to secure their systems as the Internet is commonly used.

The products listed seem to be a network search agent, VPN, firewall and anti-virus product. The offer the normal security consulting services....

Nothing really interesting. But dull and banal really.

dave