funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] "Report warns of people-tagging madness"

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 16:21:55 -0600

On 11/1/06, Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com> wrote:

The religious beliefs of people who govern you, are very significant when
they repeatedly say that their actions are guided by their religious
beliefs, because that means that their beliefs aren't just a private
matter, they're used to guide government policy.

If the religious beliefs are evil, then you have the very dangerous
situation of a political leader firmly wedded to evil beliefs, and making
policy according to those beliefs.

What you folks need, is a separation of church and state.

Lets not get into yet another fruitless, pointless,
moderator-irritating religious debate. Suffice it to say, we elected
him knowing his beliefs, we're getting what we've got. Further, the
President of the US doesn't decide policy but is a part of a system
that does.