funsec mailing list archives

Re: Sophos spam zombie statistics

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 14:45:22 -0400

On Mon, 24 Jul 2006 13:39:38 EDT, "Richard M. Smith" said:

spam-relaying problem. The US remains stuck at the top of the chart and is
the source of 23.2 percent of the world's spam. Its closest rivals are China
and South Korea, although both of these nations have managed to reduce their
statistics since Q1 2006.

What do they know about fixing the problem that we don't?

I suspect it's that the CEO of an ISP there has to "save face", and would do
anything to avoid being embarassed when his company is known as "the biggest
spammer haven".  Here in the US, the ISP CEO will happily sign a pink contract for
more bottom line...