funsec mailing list archives

Fwd: Ask Solly to explain English "freedom of speech" again ; -)

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 09:48:24 -0500

"directed freedom of speech"? Love it... I was told to ask, so I had to... :p

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=403815&in_page_id=1770

Christian faces court over 'offensive' gay festival leaflets By STEVE
DOUGHTY Last updated at 08:48am on 6th September 2006

A police force was caught up in a freedom of speech row after its
officers arrested an anti-gay campaigner for handing out leaflets at a
homosexual rally.

South Wales police admitted evangelical Christian Stephen Green was
then charged purely because his pamphlets contained anti-gay
quotations from the Bible.
[...]