funsec mailing list archives

Fwd: FW: Notice: Change to AT&T Privacy Policy

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2006 18:31:25 -0500

   [image: AT&T High Speed Internet]

*SBC Yahoo! DSL is now AT&T Yahoo! High-Speed Internet. *

Dear AT&T Internet Member,

At AT&T, we value your privacy and know you depend on us to keep your
confidential information secure. To provide customers with a consolidated
privacy policy that covers current *and* future Internet and Video products,
such as AT&T Homezone and
AT&T U-verseā„¢ TV, we have updated our AT&T Internet Services privacy
policy<http://help.sbcglobal.net/article.php?item=8620>,
which has previously covered only your AT&T Yahoo! service. The new
consolidated policy means that you will not have to familiarize yourself
with multiple policies as you add or change AT&T Internet and Video services
in the future. This update will be effective June 23, 2006.

AT&T will continue to apply to your account the same safeguards and security
measures that we have in the past, *including our strict policy of not
sharing customers' information with third parties, such as advertisers, for
their marketing purposes.*

The major differences you will see in the updated policy:

  - a comprehensive policy that applies to *all* current and future AT&T
  Internet access services and AT&T Video services
  - an expanded explanation of the type of information AT&T Internet
  Service collects and the way it is used
  - a reorganized format

You can review the privacy
policy<http://help.sbcglobal.net/article.php?item=8620>online and
learn more by reading these Frequently
Asked Questions <http://help.sbcglobal.net/article.php?item=3672>.

AT&T also provides valuable resources and
education<http://www.sbc.com/safety>about Internet security issues,
and the powerful AT&T
Yahoo! High Speed Internet Online Security
Suite<http://help.sbcglobal.net/article.php?item=3490>can help protect
you and your family every time you log onto the Web.

Thank you for being an AT&T Internet customer. We look forward to continuing
to provide you the best in secure high-speed Internet access.

Sincerely,
AT&T Internet Services

*Please note:* If you have not yet activated your AT&T Yahoo! service, this
notice may not apply to you. Please refer to your home page for your privacy
policy information.

   (c) 2006 AT&T Knowledge Ventures. All Rights Reserved.

** SAFETY TIP:
AT&T Internet Services cares about your Internet safety. Since even familiar
links can be used to misdirect and defraud, consumers should guard against
clicking directly on hyperlinks. To be sure you're being directed
appropriately, always copy and paste the URL into your browser. Learn more
about ensuring a safe Internet experience at
sbc.com/safety<http://www.sbc.com/safety>.

Please do not reply to this e-mail, as it will go to an unmonitored mailbox.