funsec mailing list archives

Re: Re: knife ban going to work?

From: "Mark Knowles" <ghooti () googlemail com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 10:18:09 +0100

hurm....

bit of a thin victory, i won because i misunderstand you and therefore am right?

On 6/2/06, Brian Loe <knobdy () gmail com> wrote:
Couldn't resist sharing my joy!

ROTFLMAO!!! THANK YOU - you just made my point. Buckets CAN be
dangerous but they make it easier to carry water so you don't ban
them. Guns CAN be dangerous but they make it easier to defend yourself
SO YOU DON'T BAN THEM.

heh, okay then how about this....

little johnny: daddy, may i please play with that nice blue bucket?
daddy: sure son, i cleaned it yesterday.

or

little johnny: daddy, may i please play with that nice silver gun?
daddy: erm, well, erm, i cleaned it yesterday, but....
little johhny: what daddy? why not?
daddy: erm, well, erm, guns CAN be dangerous...

heh, please. guns ARE dangerous... they are one of the only things
that when used correctly kill people. buckets dont.... (unless you
count kicking them).

hey, you do security right? you know about risk? and stuff? nothing is
100% safe and probably nothing is 100% dangerous...... (except guns
which are proven 100% safe? thats why my kids have them? load up
before school?;)

if guns arnt dangerous and all that, why do children have toy versions
and not the real thing?

if guns arnt dangerous why do you have legislation against criminals
having them? cannot criminals be as much a victim of crime as anyone
else? infact, criminals probably have a higher % of actually being the
victim of a crime... maybe there should be free guns for all felons?

im not sure why drsolly has bothered taking this this far... although
its entertaining to read.  we dont like guns in england, and are happy
with that (you really dont know how happy i am that our police do not
carry guns as part of regular duty [unless at an airport, etc]) and
you guys like guns, and you have guns.  yay.  everyone is a winner.

as for all the statistics that everyone keeps going on about, may i
remind you all of
"Lies, damn lies and statistics." - Mark Twain

Man, glad you finally came around...I didn't think you'd EVER get it!!!

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight, yeah, erm go team?
whoop! yeah! heh ;)

i wonder if this will make it though to the list, probably not, so i
cc:ed drsolly on it too.

anyways, keep the fires burning, i wanna go a witch'n