funsec mailing list archives

[privacy] Crashing the Wiretapper's Ball

From: "Richard M. Smith" <rms () computerbytesman com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 11:43:18 -0400

IT <http://it.slashdot.org/> : Crashing the Wiretapper's Ball

Posted by Zonk <http://slashdot.org/~Zonk/>  on Thursday June 01, @11:32AM
from the hardly-shocking dept.
 <http://slashdot.org/search.pl?tid=172> Security
An anonymous reader writes "Wired is running an article with some great
investigative journalism. Writer Thomas Green snuck
<http://www.wired.com/news/technology/0,71022-2.html?tw=wn_story_page_next2>
into the ISS World Conference, a trade show featuring communications-tapping
equipment and normally a press-free event. There, he got some very
interesting quotes from the attendees." From the article: "You really need
to educate yourself ... Do you think this stuff doesn't happen in the West?
Let me tell you something. I sell this equipment all over the world,
especially in the Middle East. I deal with buyers from Qatar, and I get more
concern about proper legal procedure from them than I get in the USA."

(

*        <http://it.slashdot.org/it/06/06/01/156213.shtml> Read More...

*       0 <http://it.slashdot.org/it/06/06/01/156213.shtml>  of 1
<http://it.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/06/01/156213&threshold=-1>