funsec mailing list archives

The Rise of Christian Nationalism [Was: Re: Shocker: Bush Def ends Spying After NSA Database Report]

From: "Fergie" <fergdawg () netzero net>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 18:06:11 GMT

...and if you really want to be scared...  ;-)

For what it's worth, Terry Gross had author Michelle
Goldberg on her show "Fresh Air" yesterday, and admittedly,
the issues that Goldberg discusses in her book are somewhat
sobering -- if not downright frightening for a number of reasons.

If you've never heard Fresh Air, it's a great show & Terry
Gross is a fantastic interviewer, and I was lucky enough
yesterday to leave work a little early and listen
to this on the drive home.

I highly recommend this -- listen to it if you get a few
minutes. Perhaps it'll provide a bit more perspective.

Via NPR.

[snip]

Fresh Air from WHYY, May 11, 2006 ยท Journalist Michelle Goldberg,
a senior writer for the online magazine Salon, and covers the
Christian Right. In her new book, 'Kingdom Coming: The Rise of
Christian Nationalism', she writes that Christian nationalists
believe the Bible is literally true -- and they want to see
the nation governed by that truth.

[snip]

Link:
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5398604