funsec mailing list archives

Re: Defense Tech: NSA Phone Sweep a 'Waste of Time', Analyst Says

From: "Dude VanWinkle" <dudevanwinkle () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 17:41:09 -0400

On 5/11/06, Brian Loe <knobdy () gmail com> wrote:
Well Ferg, perfect quote for me to argue about - what if it wasn't a
waste of resources? What if it was effective? Would it then be okay,
regardless of laws? Would it be okay so long as any laws against it
were repealed? WHEN is it okay for the government to invade your
privacy?

Ok, Let me ask you one question: How much invasion of privacy will
you, Brian, Tolerate?

What would be the line for you? (if there is one)

-JP