funsec mailing list archives

Re: Microsoft trying to put F.U.D. on Guilfanov 'temporary' p atch

From: "Fergie" <fergdawg () netzero net>
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 21:47:24 GMT

It just sounded very negative.

Understandable, I suppose.

Having said that, I certainly wouldn't wait for another 7 days
to at least put into place a temporary patch, but that's just
me.  :-)

- ferg

-- Barrie Dempster <barrie () reboot-robot net> wrote:

Not sure I like how this story is worded. I mean, I realize
that MS won't exactly endorse it, but WTF...

What specifically don't you like about it ? MS say they can not endorse
it and advise their users to beware. Very responsible advice and exactly
what I would expect.

--
With Regards..
Barrie Dempster (zeedo) - Fortiter et Strenue

"He who hingeth aboot, geteth hee-haw" Victor - Still Game

blog:  http://reboot-robot.net
sites: http://www.bsrf.org.uk - http://www.security-forums.com
ca:    https://www.cacert.org/index.php?id=3

--
"Fergie", a.k.a. Paul Ferguson
 fergdawg () netzero net or fergdawg () sbcglobal net