funsec mailing list archives

Re: Greed, stupidity, arrogance, and small genitalia....(a c orporate study on the bells)

From: "Stephen J. Smoogen" <smooge () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 08:44:36 -0700

On 1/18/06, Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com> wrote:
On Wed, 18 Jan 2006, Todd Towles wrote:

Drsolly worte:
Boil water to 212 F
Add a teaspoon of instant.

Instant, geezz, you must be in the EU. ;) I know, I know, it was am
example...but come on, instant. =)

What, there's other ways?

Coffee should be kept green, and then roasted one hour before the
making of the coffee. It should be finely ground to almost espresso
level so that the greatest interaction between the water and coffee
grounds. The water should be about 95-110 C (depending on the type of
coffee and what flavours you are trying to get out). If the coffee is
to be kept hot, it should be kept for no longer than 1 hour as many of
the flavor oils break down after that leaving it rancid. The coffee
grounds should be taken to the compost heap where they can be mixed
with dark greens to make a rich soil mixture.

Now if you want to know how to make tea ...

The proper way to make tea has caused  conflict than anything else in
the 20th century. While it is normally listed as other reasons, the
majority of conflicts between Pakistan and India were really about
whether water that has been boiled once can make a suitable cup of tea
or not later. The alliance between England and the US in World War I
and World War II were almost called off because Americans will make
tea with 'pre-boiled' water.. it was only the fact that Germans would
have forced instant coffee on the world that united them in the end.
The great conflicts in East Asia were mostly over the tea growing
fields and whether white tea was better than green tea.

It is sad but you can find families not speaking to each other just
over whether tea pots should be set down towards the guest or away
from them. My grand-parents left England in the 1950's because of the
rationing of tea had caused a bitter fight over whether it was ok to
use the ground tea flakes that are in tea bags or not.

No one should underestimate the power of tea.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.
CSIRT/Linux System Administrator