funsec mailing list archives

RE: Anyone go to ShmooCon?

From: "Laudie, Enoch A." <Enoch.Laudie () umb com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 23:12:40 -0600

-----Original Message-----
When he said it, I thought to myself, "Oh, boy - this'll probably get
picked up and distorted as being some kind of 'WiFi virus', heh."
But I certainly agree with you that there was no sensationalism
involved, he was just trying to describe the observed behavior.

Brian Krebs, an excellent reporter, did a very good job of explaining
the actual Windows problem.
Hopefully, his reportage will become the canonical >>>press reference
and we won't end up with 'WiFi virus'hysteria.

Roland Dobbins <rdobbins () cisco com> // 408.527.6376 voice

Precisely my point, thank you for wording it perfectly.

I'll keep a running hitcount of all the executives and non-clueful who
forward me the Slashdot article + something from Gartner.

Regards,
Enoch