funsec mailing list archives

Re: Is The .WMF Exploit A ConsPiracy Gone Bad?

From: "Fergie" <fergdawg () netzero net>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 19:55:05 GMT

Who was it that tried to make the connection between this and a settlement in the U.S. DoJ Antitrust case?  ;-)

As Triumph, the Insult Comic Dog, would say, "I kid, I kid...."

- ferg

ps. Triumph would probably do something like this, too:

 http://tinyurl.com/b95wq

;-)

- ferg

-- Blue Boar <BlueBoar () thievco com> wrote:
Larry Seltzer wrote:
The Pod Cast was by Steve Gibson and can be heard here:

http://media.grc.com/sn/SN-022-lq.mp3

I listened to the podcast. Yes, Gibson is saying he's tested it and it must
be a deliberate back-door put in by someone at Microsoft.

If it's supposed to be deliberate, then it's strange that it wasn't
easily exploitable until Windows 2000.

                                        BB

--
"Fergie", a.k.a. Paul Ferguson
 fergdawg () netzero net or fergdawg () sbcglobal net