funsec mailing list archives

Updated Microsoft WMF Advisory: Patch on Jan. 10

From: "Fergie" <fergdawg () netzero net>
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 16:42:47 GMT

Via the MSRC blog.

[snip]

When the MSRC learned of the attacks on December 27, 2005, we mobilized under what we call the Software Security
Incident Response Process (SSIRP) to analyze the attack, assess its scope and determine and the appropriate guidance
for customers, as well as to engage with anti-virus partners and law enforcement.

Based on that process, we have finished development of a security update to fix the vulnerability and are testing it to
ensure quality and application compatibility.  Our goal is to release the update on Tuesday, January 10, 2006, as part
of the regular, monthly security update release cycle, although quality is the gating factor.  Customers will be able
to get the update through all the usual deployment tools: Microsoft Update, Windows Update, Automatic Update, the
Download Center and Windows Server Update Services.

[snip]

http://blogs.technet.com/msrc/archive/2006/01/03/416809.aspx

- ferg

--
"Fergie", a.k.a. Paul Ferguson
 fergdawg () netzero net or fergdawg () sbcglobal net