funsec mailing list archives

Re: VMWare on IntelMac? [Was: Re: 2 critical vulns and the clock is ticking..[Fwd:[EEYEB-2000801]]

From: Andre Ludwig <andre.ludwig () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 14:54:05 -0500

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10794396/from/RS.3/

Phil Schiller, Apple's senior vice president of worldwide product
marketing, said in an interview Tuesday that the company won't sell or
support Windows itself, but also hasn't done anything to preclude
people from loading Windows onto the machines themselves.

"That's fine with us. We don't mind," Schiller said. "If there are
people who love our hardware but are forced to put up with a Windows
world, then that's OK."

Thought it was interesting, still doesn't deal with the EFI/BIOS issues.

Dre