funsec mailing list archives

Re: 2 critical vulns and the clock isticking..[Fwd:[EEYEB-2000801]]

From: der Mouse <mouse () rodents montreal qc ca>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 16:07:24 -0500 (EST)

However, I do believe that there is a lot of practical reason to run
just anything besides Windows, if you want to miss a lot of the
volume of attacks.

If that's what you're after you don't even need to abandon Windows.  I
know someone who until recently was running Windows 3.1, and as a
result was about as vulnerable to malware in practice as I, running
NetBSD/sparc, am - none of the even vaguely widespread malware runs on
3.1.

/~\ The ASCII                           der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML               mouse () rodents montreal qc ca