funsec mailing list archives

RE: FW: [Full-disclosure] How to Determine My System Vulnerabilities

From: "Todd Towles" <toddtowles () brookshires com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 16:42:25 -0600

Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 16:12:23 -0600
From: "Todd Towles" <toddtowles () brookshires com>

True, but would you really go and ask that on FD? You could
google a
lot of that information, without exposing your weakness to a lot of
anon people outside the US.

No.  I would NOT do it the way he did.  I'd do it the way you
outlined.
But he *is* trying...  At least, I think maybe he is
trying...  It might be a spoofed email...

It is either a huge bait e-mail, which is possible but unlike, or he
really spilled the beans on the wrong list. Asking those questions is
common on newsgroups and other forums. Sometimes that is the only way to
get any answer, but I wouldn't hand them my phone number, the types of
servers I have and were I at all in one little e-mail on one of the
worse list to post sure information.

He is "trying" to get his stuff broken and there are people on FD that
will do it..just to do it..and then make fun of him. At least he will
learn something, either way.