funsec mailing list archives

Re: Borrow a neighbor's WiFi connection and go to jail?

From: Blue Boar <BlueBoar () thievco com>
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2006 11:25:55 -0800

Richard M. Smith wrote:
ONTARIO POLICE ARREST MAN FOR STEALING NET CONNECTION
Ontario Provincial Police charged a 25-year-old man last
week under Section 326 of the Criminal Code for theft of
communications. The OPP allege the man was using his laptop
computer to steal a wireless Internet connection.
<http://www.cfra.com/headlines/index.asp?cat=1&nid=37275>

See... you're all welcome to come to the park near my house and use my open WAP if you like. So there's plenty of reasonable expectation that one is welcome to use open APs that one finds.

                                        BB