funsec mailing list archives

Re: standards status in the industry - opinion?

From: Florian Weimer <fw () deneb enyo de>
Date: Sat, 07 Jan 2006 10:44:35 +0100

* Matthew Murphy:

I agree with that, but I think it misses the point.  The fact is that
180-200 days go by before Microsoft issues patches for serious bugs.
Sometimes more.  That's flat-out unacceptable.

Such long delays make predisclosure information much more valuable.
Quite a few organizations distribute such information, showing their
relevance.  Do you really think they want Microsoft to kill this
market?  How much influence do these guys have on Microsoft and
legislators?