funsec mailing list archives

Re: Duh - Chaining Zeno?

From: Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 18:07:25 +0000 (GMT)

On Fri, 24 Feb 2006, Dude VanWinkle wrote:

On 2/24/06, Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com> wrote:
On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu wrote:

On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 23:15:50 CST, RLVaughn said:

"We also showed theoretically how to obtain the answer without ever
running the algorithm, by using a 'chained Zeno' effect."

It's shit like this that gets you '42' as an answer....

The quantum counterfactual is one of the most weird aspect of the whole
theory.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Counterfactual_definiteness

It seems to me that Heisenberg is assuming that we will always use
invasive technology to measure particle movement and velocity, but if
we develop a passive way of measuring the momentum and positions, then
wouldnt we be able to know both at the same time?

Absolutely. If we could measure position and velocity without actually
looking at the particle. Do you have a proposal for how that might be
possible?