funsec mailing list archives

RE: Coldplay's new CD: can't play it, can't return it

From: "Todd Towles" <toddtowles () brookshires com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 13:38:48 -0600

For a full-time Windows user such as myself, that's a lot of work. :-)

What I find works well is to turn off CD-ROM autorun, and
then download an alternate ripper that doesn't mess with
rendering the correct session of a multi-session disc.  One
such is CDex.  That's the procedure if the DRM software isn't
on your box.  If it is, you'll have to find some way to
uninstall it, and then use the steps I describe.

CDEx is great. That is what I use in Windows, but why fight with all of
that. If you own the CD, just jump on Limewire or BitTorrent and
download the whole thing ;) I know the quality may not be as good and it
may take forever, but it is legal right? However not advised BTW lol

-Todd