funsec mailing list archives

Re: Yahoo on NSA surveillance: No comment

From: Dude VanWinkle <dudevanwinkle () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 09:44:21 -0500

On 2/16/06, Richard M. Smith <rms () bsf-llc com> wrote:
http://news.com.com/Yahoo+on+NSA+surveillance+No+comment/2100-1030_3-6040129
.html?tag=nefd.top

Under cross-examination during a congressional hearing, Yahoo's top lawyer
refused on Wednesday to say whether the company opens its records for
government surveillance without a court order.

Hmmm, I smell new legislation in the air: The -5th Amendment; I refuse
to answer that question based on the fact that I may reduce the value
of my stock

The -5th Amendment will apply to companies of course, not individuals

-JP