funsec mailing list archives

Re: U.S. Plans Massive Data Sweep

From: Paul Schmehl <pauls () utdallas edu>
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 13:51:15 -0600

--On February 12, 2006 11:30:51 AM -0800 "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rMslade () shaw ca> wrote:

So is the book saying that total transparency is the way to go,.. or
just that the information  collected by one group needs to also
include themselves in the roster that should then be made publicly
available?

Brin mildly suggests that transparency is the way to go (when you have
the  invasive technologies that currently exist, and towards which we are
moving).   However, mostly he is taking the usual trite privacy arguments
and turning them  upside down.  The results are fascinating.

More like transparency is here.  Now what do we do to deal with it?

Paul Schmehl (pauls () utdallas edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
University of Texas at Dallas
AVIEN Founding Member