funsec mailing list archives

RE: Urban legend or true?

From: "Todd Towles" <toddtowles () brookshires com>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 15:25:05 -0600

Urban Legend -  http://www.snopes.com/business/taxes/bill602p.asp

Truth - http://www.realtechnews.com/posts/2632

Umm -
http://djtechnocrat.blogspot.com/2006/02/aolgoodmail-internets-first-ema
il-tax.html

-Todd
Blog = http://djtechnocrat.blogspot.com/

-----Original Message-----
From: funsec-bounces () linuxbox org
[mailto:funsec-bounces () linuxbox org] On Behalf Of Jeff Rosowski
Sent: Thursday, February 09, 2006 11:57 AM
To: Peter Evans
Cc: 'FunSec [List]'
Subject: Re: [funsec] Urban legend or true?

    RF cooking has been around for a long time. I find it curious
    that they claim to cook an egg in about 3 minutes using some
    portion of 4W of RF. One would expect "hard boiled ear" to be
    a significant hazard and have people^Wamericans suing everyone
    with a cell phone for 3D6*10^7 $

    I vote urban legend. You need about 400W and 2 minutes or so.
    Using 4W worth of cell phone, at a much higher frequency, you
    would need a significantly longer time.

Yea, I saw where this was disproven by using 100 cell phones
all ringing at the same time.. did nothing to the egg.

    Personally, you can probably do a better job with your CB radio.
    I think 27Mhz is really good for biscuits.

I use my 2.4GHz wifi card to keep my coffee warm.