funsec mailing list archives

RE: When will Microsoft kill WMF support in IE?

From: "Todd Towles" <toddtowles () brookshires com>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 14:51:57 -0600

Larry wrote:
This is a pretty obscure bug here.

Agreed. But this is a separate vulnerability than the one fixed in
MS06-001, so they seem to be auditing more code for WMF execution
problems. Why not just disappear the execution factor all together? Do
they want to keep it from some future DRM or something?

I guess some people will get hit by this, but I bet it's a
really small number.

Very true, but I would guess this isn't going to be the last WMF
vulnerability. They should just be glad that they found this bug,
instead of the underground.

The use of HD Moore post in the CVE, leads me to believe that it is
connected to the point made by Moore but it isn't exactly the same.

-Todd