funsec mailing list archives

RE: Gadi Busted In Massive Conspiracy

From: Sean Donelan <sean () donelan com>
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2006 11:50:53 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 4 Feb 2006, Nick FitzGerald wrote:
IIRC, Jason said that a couple of months "after" Blaster he/MS was
approached by a group of backbone/peering operators asking what was
going to be done about the "Blaster problem".  This surprised Jason as

I think I resemble that remark :-)

Backbone operators are a quiet bunch, but occasionally we do know what
we're talking about.

Maybe we should continue this elsewhere (but if Jason Garms is
listening, we really would like a pointer to those stats!).

<http://download.microsoft.com/download/b/3/b/b3ba58e0-2b3b-4aa5-a7b0-c53c42b270c6/Blaster_Case_Study_White_Paper.pdf>