funsec mailing list archives

Re: Social Engineering

From: Pierre Vandevenne <pierre () datarescue com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 20:34:03 +0100

Good Day,

A> I interviewed for a guerilla marketing business in San Francisco that
A> targeted web forums.

I have the impression this technique is also used to badmouth
competitors. I once investigated as much as I could a guy badmouthing
us and one of our products on several forums. It turned out he was
associated with one of our competitors, and the "break" in the case
was that he had applied with us to be an "associate" and I could
correlate a couple of IP addresses. That's a very difficult thing to
tackle legally, two continents, three countries and "God knows where"
forums.

--
Best regards,
 Pierre                            mailto:pierre () datarescue com