funsec mailing list archives

Re: Will this be on google.cn?

From: Dude VanWinkle <dudevanwinkle () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 23:45:44 -0500

On 1/29/06, Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org> wrote:
I was annoyed when I cculdn't access a local Israeli online news site
(in Hebrew) from China, I wonder how annoyed the Chinese are that
everything they see (as far as the Government can get it that way) is
propaganda.

I know a few people who use proxies to browse through the great
firewall of china. Does anyone know if Tor is functional from within
china? I guess they probably have a list of blocked IP's that include
open proxies and such.

Still though China has nowhere to go but up. They are starting out (as
far as modern politics) with a horribly oppressive government and even
the smallest freedom added ever year of so would make China get better
as time progresses. I fear the USA is moving in the exact opposite
direction. We went form having a gay, pot smoking president (Lincoln)
to our current one, if thats not a downward spiral, I dont know what
is =P

How long before the states goes down that path. Our news is "cleaned"
our porn searches are gonna be taken away, in georgia we have to give
our fingerprints in order to get a drivers license, it is illegal to
get a BJ in many states (anti-sodomy legislation), innocent citizens
are being tracked, both by wiretaps and Legally via E911 legislation.
I went to protest GWB in 2001 (pre 9/11, when he went to the Museum of
Natural History in Atlanta) and was put in the "free speech zone",
which they then proceeded to park MARTA buses in front of (not like it
mattered 'cause his fleet of limos arrived via the opposite route).

Dont get me wrong, Clinton wasnt much better, and even helped kill
1,000,000 iraqi's.. more than both bushes combined.

From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_sanctions
On May 10, 1996, appearing on 60 Minutes, Madeleine Albright (then
Clinton's Ambassador to the United Nations) was presented with a
figure of half a million children under five having died from the
sanctions: Albright, not challenging this figure, infamously replied:
"We think the price is worth it."

Does Israel have lots of propaganda? Err I guess every govt has
propaganda, thats how you keep your citizens divided and meek, and is
an important part of brainwashing. Of course its all done in the name
of national security and to keep us safe :-). I would really like to
hear from the people living in different countries on this list give
an example of some propaganda from thier countries, as mine has been
done to death and is kinda boring now. Who knows, maybe we will see
similarities

-JP