funsec mailing list archives

Re: Oh! Wait! One More: Senate Panel Warns Internet Porn

From: Xyberpix <xyberpix () xyberpix com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 13:06:51 +0000

1984 here we go!!

xyberpix

On Fri Jan 20  0:35 , 'Fergie' <fergdawg () netzero net> sent:

When, oh when, will the lawmakers in the United States figure
out that U.S. laws don't apply to "The Internet" outside of its
borders? I'm all for protecting children from porn as next as the
next person (I have children, and grand-children), but this is not
the way to go about doing it.

Via InfoWorld.

[snip]

The U.S. Congress will pass new regulations to keep sexually explicit content on
the Internet away from minors if the adult industry doesn't do more to police
itself, several senators warned Thursday.

Senator Ted Stevens, chairman of the Senate Commerce, Science and Transportation
Committee, told a lawyer for the adult industry that sexually themed Web sites
need to create their own ratings system, much like movies and video games are
rated. "Tell your clients, they'd better do it soon, or it'll be mandated,"
Stevens said.

[snip]

http://www.infoworld.com/article/06/01/19/74621_HNsenateporn_1.html

- ferg

--
"Fergie", a.k.a. Paul Ferguson
fergdawg () netzero net or fergdawg () sbcglobal net