funsec mailing list archives

Re: Ancheta denied bail/bond

From: Paul Vixie <paul () vix com>
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2005 21:53:10 +0000

# "Do _you_ encrypt your IM's?"
# -JP

i won't use any I-M system except jabber.  the idea of sending my text
through somebody else's server, especially yahoo/microsoft/google/aol
who will do adword searches and data mining / list appending, makes me
want to lunge for the circuit breaker.  yet millions of people do this,
even the mostly-otherwise-smart ones who attend ietf/nanog/arin meetings
and bring their mac/os/x laptops and think nothing of talking about
customer proprietary information via their iChat clients.  ick, ick, ick.