funsec mailing list archives

Re: Sony, Rootkits and Digital Rights Management Gone Too Far

From: Dude VanWinkle <dudevanwinkle () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 07:36:29 +0200

Great article! I actually know something now! I am gonna go tell all
me friends... both of them! (did you hear that X and T?)

Actually when I installed my OS, I made myself click "I agree" on my
own EULA; excerpt below:

"All software installed on this machine will donate 50,000 USD to a
single family of hurricaine katrina relief victims per process
running. The applications installer will be responsible for automating
the transfer of $50k in order to use cycles on this machine. Any
application installed will signify their agreement my hooking system
API calls in kernel mode (see rev 2.0 for 64 bit winsystems
compliance)"

heh, DMCA _can_ be used for good lol

-JP
"Thats what you get for listening to Country Music"
-JP