funsec mailing list archives

Black Tuesday Alert: Microsoft to release 9 patches for October

From: "Fergie (Paul Ferguson)" <fergdawg () netzero net>
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 00:10:10 GMT

Via the MSRC Blog:

[snip]

    ....[we] wanted to take a quick second to make sure everyone saw the Advance Notification for the Security Bulletin
release for this October. This coming Tuesday, we’re planning to release nine security bulletins, and they are being
released in Windows with one affecting Exchange Server as well. The maximum total severity rating for this month is
Critical, so please update systems as soon as possible when they are available on Tuesday. The updates can be deployed
and detected with MBSA, Microsoft Update, and WSUS and the Enterprise Scanning Tool. Also, we’re going to release an
updated version of the Malicious Software Removal Tool.

[snip]

http://blogs.technet.com/msrc/archive/2005/10/06/412132.aspx

- ferg

--
"Fergie", a.k.a. Paul Ferguson
 fergdawg () netzero net or fergdawg () sbcglobal net