funsec mailing list archives

Re[2]: Router speeds...

From: Ilfak Guilfanov <ig () datarescue be>
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 23:52:35 +0100

Hello,

RgoRTDH> Now that I've got high-speed Internet (yes, I know, I'm a dinosaur), I'm in the
RgoRTDH> market for a decent, cheap, firewall router.  NAT, possibly, since I want to use
RgoRTDH> it to farm out the connection to a few machines behind it if that isn't too
RgoRTDH> hard.  Nothing terribly fancy, but tuneable so that I can start getting a bit of
RgoRTDH> a handle on firewall ACLs, but nothing that I need to spend enormous amounts of
RgoRTDH> time on.  Preferably something common enough that I can get it at London Drugs,
RgoRTDH> but I'd go for an oddball if there was sufficient reason.

D-Link 604 which was mentioned in the thread has NAT, firewall, and
other things. It is easy to set up.

Just do not forget to upgrade the firmware to the latest available
one since the earlier versions were pretty buggy.

--
Best regards,
 Ilfak                            mailto:ig () datarescue be