funsec mailing list archives

Re: UK tops zombie PC chart (again)

From: Rick Wesson <wessorh () ar com>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 11:29:46 -0700

I find it comical that Symantec is tracking these statistics when they
are, by far, the worse of all AV companies in relation to detecting and
removing bot infections. Perhaps efforts should be diverted away from
statistics and back to detection and removal. Wait. That makes too much
sense. Nevermind.

This might not be funny... I'm interested in the excercise of tracking the size of the botnets by detecting hosts that participate in the botnet.

could anyone help me (off list) understand what it takes to track the participiants in a botnet? I'm sure some folks do this, i'd like to learn how to also.

thanks,

-rick