funsec mailing list archives

OT - but well worth the read

From: Rob Thompson <my.security.lists () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 17:12:18 -0700

My apologies ahead of time should this not be appropriate for this
list.  Though, I have to say, I couldn't resist not sharing this one.
It's one of the funniest things I've read in a paper in a while.  I'll
insert the article below and then put the link below that, should you
think I made it up.  Yes, it's that good, that you would think that it
was made up.

--------------------START ARTICLE-----------------------

Police chasing runaway bear stumble over backyard marijuana farm

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

CLARKSTON — Two people were arrested after police chasing a runaway
black bear stumbled into a backyard pot-growing operation.

Kim H. Bedwell, 52, and Gladys P. Bedwell, 50, both face charges of
manufacturing marijuana and possession of marijuana with intent to
deliver.

On Wednesday, Asotin County Superior Judge Ray D. Lutes set bail of
$250,000 for Kim Bedwell and $100,000 for Gladys Bedwell. They were
being held at the Asotin County Jail.

According to police reports, a black bear being chased by law
enforcement officers jumped a fence Tuesday afternoon and landed in
the Bedwells' backyard.

During the commotion, Kim Bedwell allegedly tried to stash some
marijuana plants under a vehicle in his garage, according to the
report.

After he was spotted by police and told to stop, he allegedly ran out
of his garage and tossed a plant over a fence.

Clarkston police officer Scott Wohl was pursuing the bear when a large
marijuana plant sailed over the fence and landed on him, police said.
Deputies jumped the fence and arrested Kim Bedwell, according to the
report.

Officers searched the Bedwell home and found four bags of marijuana in
a refrigerator in the garage, and a grow room, according to the
report. Inside the residence, police found two bags of marijuana in
the refrigerator.

The 300-pound black bear was later captured and killed.

And here's the link:

http://www.theolympian.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050922/NEWS06/50922005

Enjoy
--