Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Mirror on the Fly Attack

From: bo0od <bo0od () riseup net>
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2021 13:12:05 +0000

yeah but nothing new with this, you are making it over no TLS connection.

if you make similar to this attack over hardened TLS (hardened mean support hsts,hsts-preload,ocsp..supported) or Tor hidden services (called onion services as well) or I2P eepsites .. yeah that would be something new and interesting.

anyway thanks for sharing :) .

Gökhan Muharremoglu:
Dear all,

I’d like to share an attack concept study with you.

With the help of new technologies in the application engineering (especially in the web application area) now it is
possible to create man in the middle attacks that can bypass too many security countermeasures (2FA, OTP, CAPTCHA, SSL,
Security Picture, Browser Remembering, etc.) by utilizing an approach we called mirroring on the fly...

At the mirroring on the fly approach, man in the middle attack happens on the fly by mirroring/cloning a valid resource
simultaneously in the real time. During the cloning and mirroring process it is possible to modify and eavesdrop the
communication.

Mirror on the Fly Attack (a replacement for SSLStrip and many MitM attacks)
https://youtu.be/hYVXJARTxT4

Thanks,