Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Full disk encryption for OS X alternative to TrueCrypt

From: Jeffrey Walton <noloader () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2014 03:04:31 -0400

On 2014-05-29 15:18, CIURANA EUGENE (pr3d4t0r - Full Disclosure) wrote:

Greetings.

I'm a happy long-time user of TrueCrypt, and was as
dismayed as anyone else to see the news. I'm considering starting a full
disk image encryption alternative to TrueCrypt that will target OS X
(maybe others too, but right now OS X is my priority).

Maybe the built-in FileVault in 10.9.

Yeah, that's the version of the OS where the keychains are available
in the iCloud ;) If it was Microsoft, the press would have crucified
them...

Did Apple ever fix their problem with printing the keys and passwords?
http://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2012/05/06/apple-update-to-os-x-lion-exposes-encryption-passwords/

Jeff