Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Tool Update: Bing-ip2hosts version 0.4

From: Andrew Horton <andrew () morningstarsecurity com>
Date: Wed, 1 Jan 2014 23:59:30 +1100

Hi All,

Bing-IP2hosts version 0.4 is now released.
Homepage: http://www.morningstarsecurity.com/research/bing-ip2hosts

Usage
-!-------
$ ./bing-ip2hosts bing-ip2hosts (o.4) by Andrew Horton aka urbanadventurer
Homepage: http://www.morningstarsecurity.com/research/bing-ip2hosts

Useful for web intelligence and attack surface mapping of vhosts during
penetration tests. Find hostnames that share an IP address with your target
which can be a hostname or an IP address. This makes use of Microsoft
Bing.com ability to seach by IP address, e.g. "IP:210.48.71.196".
Usage: ./bing-ip2hosts [OPTIONS] <IP|hostname>

OPTIONS are:
-n Turn off the progress indicator animation
-t <DIR>  Use this directory instead of /tmp. The directory must exist.
-i Optional CSV output. Outputs the IP and hostname on each line, separated
by a comma.
-p Optional http:// prefix output. Useful for right-clicking in the shell.

Changes
Updated usage
Fixed tmp file issue where files weren't being deleted
Resolves hostnames using nslookup instead of resolveip (Thanks Xavier
Mertens)

I updated this because a couple of people emailed me to say it no longer
worked. It always worked for me. Let me know if you have any problems.

Happy New Year,
Andrew Horton