Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Releasing PuttyRider - for penetration testers

From: Adrian Furtuna <adif2k8 () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2014 23:51:48 +0200

Dear List,

I am pleased to announce the release of a new tool that I have recently
developed - called PuttyRider.

In a few words, PuttyRider injects a DLL into a running putty.exe process
in order to sniff all communication and inject Linux commands on the remote
server.
This can be useful in an internal penetration test when you already have
access to a sysadmin’s machine who has a Putty session open to a Linux
server. You can use PuttyRider to take control of the remote server using
the existing SSH session.

The tool has been recently presented at Defcamp 2014 – a security
conference in Romania.

Presentation slides:    *http://defcamp.ro/dc14/AdrianFurtuna.pdf*
<http://defcamp.ro/dc14/AdrianFurtuna.pdf>
Presentation video:
*https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfhzoFPGUhg&list=UUc05xgnkf4YZEdn3zBJRFkA*
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfhzoFPGUhg&list=UUc05xgnkf4YZEdn3zBJRFkA>
Source code & binary:   *https://github.com/seastorm/PuttyRider*
<https://github.com/seastorm/PuttyRider>

Enjoy and let me know if you have any feedback or suggestion for
improvement.

Cheers,
Adrian