Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Indusface Website Hacked and Infected?

From: Rahul T <rt184221 () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2013 14:46:23 +0530

Dear All,

I was searching for some information on the internet and it seems that the
Indusface website was infected with Russian Spam and Malware. There seems
to be spam and malicious code in the homepage along with many more spam
pages added into the webroot. Below are some screenshots of the same:

*Indusface Homepage Infected with Russian Spam*
*
*
*[image: Inline image 2]
*
*
*
*Google Search Results Showing Indusface Pages with Russian Spam and Malware
*

[image: Inline image 1]

*These Spam Pages on the Indusface Website Contain Potentially Malicious JS
Files*
*
*
*[image: Inline image 3]
*
*
*
*[image: Inline image 4]
*

Does anyone know how this sort of hack takes place? Please let me know any
information possible.

Thanks - Rahul