Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Owning Samsung Android devices

From: Roberto Paleari <roberto () greyhats it>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2013 22:20:40 +0100

Folks,

I recently found some security vulnerabilities affecting Samsung
Android phones. The bugs lie in Samsung-specific customizations and
not in the Android code base.

While waiting for Samsung security patches, I published an overview of
the issues here:
http://randomthoughts.greyhats.it/2013/03/owning-samsung-phones-for-fun-but-with.html

Possible consequences are quite interesting, as the vulnerabilities
allow an *unprivileged* application to perform several nefarious
tasks, ranging from sending SMS messages to installing APK packages,
but also including some denial-of-services and info leaks.

I hope I will be able to disclose the technical details soon.

Cheers,

--
Roberto Paleari (@rpaleari)